A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use Google Analytics traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Please visit privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance for more information on how Google complies with GDPR.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use Google Analytics traffic log cookies, which track the use of our website, including
- pages visited
- geographic areas users are located in
- operating systems, devices and browsers
- websites users have visited before they visit lindenlearning.org
This helps us analyse our web page traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes only. No individuals are identified.
As it is technically possible for Google employees to access personally identifiable data, we have limited our Google data sharing to
- Benchmarking, that is we contribute anonymous data to an aggregate data set to enable features like benchmarking and publications that can help us understand data trends. All identifiable information about our website is removed and combined with other anonymous data before it is shared with others.
- Technical support, that is we let Google technical support representatives access our Google Analytics data and account when necessary to provide service and find solutions to technical issues.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.