Last updated 18 May 2018
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from, or about, you. It applies to the provision of all our coaching and education services and instances where we collect personal data from both our clients and associates.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices.
This privacy notice includes:
- Who are we and how do you contact us and our Data Protection Officer
- What kinds of personal information about you do we process
- What is the source of your personal information
- How do we use your personal data
- How do we process and store your personal data securely
- What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)
- When do we share your personal information with other organisations
- How and when can you withdraw your consent
- What should you do if your personal information changes
- Do you have to provide your personal information to us
- For how long is your personal information retained by us
- What are your rights under data protection laws
- What other related policies can you refer to
Who are we and how can you contact us and our Data Protection Officer?
We are Linden Learning Ltd, 20 Slaithwaite Road, London SE13 6DJ. Our dedicated data protection officer (“DPO”) is Michelle Gardiner. You can contact the DPO by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
We gather different information depending upon whether we are delivering a consultancy service to you (i.e., the ‘client’) or whether we are arranging for you to deliver a consultancy service to a client (i.e., the ‘associate’).
We process the following ‘client’ information
- Client name, address, email & telephone details
- Outline of scope of work including our associates involved
- Delivery dates
- Agreed contract fee
- Feedback on the quality of service
We process the following ‘associate’ information:
- Associate name, address, email & telephone details
- Self employed status
- Work specialisms
- DBS Number, issue date & organisation
- References (to carry out safeguarding checks)
- JPEG photo
- Training certificates
- Bio summary for web site
- Payment details, e.g., bank name, sort code & account number
What is the source of your personal information?
We collect client and associate personal information from the following sources:
- Contract templates
- Associate information pack
- Quality Assurance questionnaires
- Receipt of invoices
- Website enquiries
- Telephone or email enquiries
- DBS applications via Linden Learning’s service with UK CRBs
- Completion of our Stay in Touch webform
What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Delivering coaching, training and consultancy services to you
- Offering suitable contracts of work to our associates
- Developing, expanding and promoting our services, for example, quoting testimonials from feedback received from clients on our web site (if you have consented for this information to be used on our QA feedback form)
- Compiling bids for potential clients
- Safeguarding (carrying out reference checks)
- Accountancy & finance
- Keeping our clients and associates updated on relevant news and training courses (if you have opted in) by receiving information via email, phone or post. You may unsubscribe at any time by visiting our stay-in-touch page. Once you have consented to receive any electronic marketing from us, you will always have the future option to ‘unsubscribe’, ‘update your preferences’ or ‘opt out’.
How do we process and store your personal data securely?
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Our email/web site is hosted with SSL Certification. All our documents that hold personal data are stored within a file hosting service that is designed with multiple layers of protection, including secure data transfer, encryption, network configuration, and application-level controls distributed across a scalable, secure infrastructure.
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal basis to use your personal data:
- Contractual – for example, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if we have arranged to deliver a coaching or training assignment, we’ll collect client business details to deliver the service, and share this specific information between client and associate
- Legal compliance – For example, management and audit of our business operations
- Legitimate interest – For example, to analyse the trends in service provision and tailor to meet future needs of our clients
- Consent – For example, when you tick a box on a form to authorise use of material on our web site or if you ‘opt-in’ to receive marketing information from us
- Public Interest – For example, if contracts we are arranging are within school environments, we hold associate DBS information and reference checks for safeguarding purposes.
When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We share information between clients and associates in relation to arranging a contract. This will include sharing a client’s specific business requirements with potential associates and sharing an associates profile of skills etc., with a potential client
How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we are relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer as outlined above.
What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records.
Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We are unable to provide you with a service if you do allow us to have certain information. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we will make this clear.
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable need, such as during the time we are working with you
- To keep you informed of projects/services
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
We will provide you with this information once you have supplied the appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address. Once your identity has been confirmed you will receive an Excel spreadsheet of your personal information held by Linden Learning.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws. You can contact us using the details below
- Your right to object. You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and for data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. Please make sure you check all communications which should clearly state your ‘consent’ to store information.
What other related policies can you refer to?
You can ask to see our other related policies such as our Data Protection Policy and our Data Retention Policy. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPO, you can contact us at Linden Learning Ltd, 20 Slaithwaite Road, London SE13 6DJ or contact our Data Protection Officer email@example.com