Heather Monro has been coaching and working with education professionals to develop their coaching skills for over 10 years, following a highly successful career combining life as a World medal-winning athlete with teaching in early years settings. Underpinning her work is therefore a unique blend of experience of the early years teaching profession and working with teams to produce performance at the highest level.
Previously Heather held a leadership position in a third sector educational development organisation focused on developing and facilitating training programmes in coaching and mentoring.
Heather holds post-graduate diplomas in early-years education and in executive coaching and leadership mentoring. She is also an accredited MBTI step I and II practitioner. Her passion for working with people to close the gap between performance and potential and for making a difference for children and young people brings energy and commitment to her work. Her coaching style is supportive, focused, empathic, and creative. She builds excellent rapport with clients, creating a safe space to open up to vulnerabilities, accept challenge and take ownership for change.
Heather is highly qualified to work with both senior leaders and teams, drawing on her wealth of experience working with whole school teams, her personal experience as an early years teacher and in coaching senior leaders in global corporates, public sector and third sector settings.
Heather’s personal qualities include professionalism, total commitment, a pursuit of excellence and high levels of emotional intelligence. Her experience in education and high level sport performance as a competitor and coach, give Heather an invaluable perspective on developing excellence with education professionals at all levels.
David Hemery CBE, 21st Century Legacy
Heather lives in Durham with her family, enjoys outdoor and adventurous sport and was a volunteer (Gamesmaker) at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Individual and group coaching (face to face or telephone); coaching and mentoring training; leadership development and training.
- Coaching, mentoring and enhanced facilitation skills for education professionals.
- Performance under pressure, managing complex workloads, building confidence, stress management, personal effectiveness.
- Effective Communication, inter-personal skills, team leadership.
- Conflict management, having difficult conversations, influencing and persuading.
- Personal impact.
- Presenting and Public Speaking.