A recent Linden Learning Early Years Foundation Stage commissioned course.
This course will explore the principles, purposes and best practice in listening, involving and consulting with young children using a multi-sensory approach. We will identify opportunities for listening on a day-to-day basis and for one-off consultations and to plan for implementation in the setting. And we will move towards an understanding of how capturing the child’s voice links to current legislation and of Ofsted self-evaluation.
- To understand the principles, purposes and processes of listening and consulting with young children.
- To review current practice in the setting.
- To explore and practice strategies for listening.
- To plan and develop listening practice to support children’s involvement in decisions that affect them.
- To support Ofsted self-evaluation.