Katy Cheetham’s key skills are in facilitating personal and professional development groups for leaders, having worked with more than 300 headteachers and deputy headteachers from all over the country over the last nine years. She led the renowned Headspace programme for leaders in education for four years before setting up as an independent leadership consultant and coach in 2015.
Katy is leading several Talking Heads groups, a facilitated Action Learning programme for schools’ leaders. Several of these groups are for Milton Keynes, fully funded by the authority as part of the headteacher induction programme.
She has run supervision and reflective practice groups for staff as well as being a skilled trainer in change management, resilience building and coaching skills delivered to staff, heads and deputies and governors.
She also holds a University Diploma in Counselling and is a qualified NLP practitioner and coach.
Additional recent projects include:
- Facilitating a fully-funded programme of action learning for members of the EYFS team, headteachers and leaders from a range of EYFS settings in Oxfordshire over two terms. She also co-delivered coaching training for leaders of early learning in Oxfordshire.
- Facilitating a programme of action learning in Newham
- Coaching Heads and Deputy heads in Milton Keynes, South London and Nottingham
- Supporting schools who were struggling with staff relationships and resilience issues
- Working with primary and secondary senior and middle leadership teams over several sessions to develop their leadership skills
- Coaching middle leaders, support team leaders and NQTs in special, primary and secondary settings
- Supporting heads whose schools were in Ofsted categories
- Delivering training to heads and deputies on building staff resilience and developing successful teams