Linden Learning Associate, School Improvement
John Greevy’s key areas of interest are strategic leadership, school improvement and the 14–19 curriculum. His key skills are leadership development, Ofsted inspection, school reviews and training and coaching in secondary, primary and all-through school settings.
John’s roles are education consultant and Ofsted school inspector, focusing on teaching and learning, leadership coaching, and standards reviews using the Ofsted framework in a wide range of schools from nursery/infant through to large secondary schools and academies judged Outstanding under the previous framework.
Key skills and responsibilities include
- Experienced Ofsted Inspector with over 60 inspections in the past two years in both Primary and Secondary schools. Consistently graded 1 (of four levels) in feedback.
- Ofsted Trainee Inspector Mentor.
- School improvement focusing on teaching and learning, Leadership Coaching, and standards reviews using the Ofsted framework in a wide range of schools from nursery / infant through to large secondary schools and Academies judged outstanding under the previous framework.
- Ability to analyse situations quickly, determine priorities and define a clear action plan to deliver successful, measurable outcomes. Recent Ofsted Inspection and HMI reports judged two school he worked closely with as having made substantial progress over the past year.
- Whole school training on what constitutes ‘outstanding’ teaching under changing Ofsted frameworks.
- Governor’s advisor on Head teacher Performance Management.
- Education Advisor to the Luton BSF Programme.
- Education Advisor to the Capita Business Development Team.
- Consultant roles within Luton LA, Campus Luton 14-19 Partnership and Interim Senior Leader within two Luton High Schools.
- School evaluation with Senior Leadership teams in Luton reviewing, and at times challenging, their current practice and developing a strategy for change to achieve school improvement.
- Ability to inspire confidence, trust and respect from staff, governors, parents and students.
- Lead role in the establishment of the Linden Learning Network (http://lindenlearning.org/).
- Experience of successfully delivering CPD and training to staff and governors both within single institutions and joint training workshops involving a number of schools.
- Coached staff on both the NCSL Leading from the Middle and Leadership Pathways programme.
Previous roles have included Curriculum Consultant to the Campus Luton Partnership and Consortia Leader for Barnfield South Academy, Stopsley, Putteridge and Ashcroft High Schools (SSPA) and First Deputy Headteacher (including a period as Acting Headteacher).