A recent Linden Learning Early Years Foundation Stage commissioned course.
There is a lot of emphasis in current national policy on providing appropriately for two-year-olds in early years settings. This course considers why it is important for very young children to get outdoors: for their development, learning and wellbeing. Using practical examples and video case studies. The course will consider adult values and attitudes of parents and of practitioners around safety and risk and how to provide appropriate outdoor learning experience for early stages of development.
- To develop understanding of the importance of outdoor experiences for very young children – 6 months to 3 years
- To develop practitioner confidence in providing outdoor experiences for very young children.
- To gain enthusiasm and new ideas to improve the quality of outdoor play for young children
- gain knowledge about the latest research about young children’s development and the importance of outdoors
- identify next steps in raising the quality of outdoor learning experience and outcomes for children