A recent Linden Learning Early Years Foundation Stage commissioned course.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) provides an inclusive framework to support our youngest children. The principled approach of the ‘unique child’ sets at the heart of our practice the requirement to strive to understand and meet each child’s needs. The SEND Code of Practice (0–25) 2014 complements the EYFS with its emphasis on a person-centred approach.
Our training courses explore the key elements of the SEND Code of Practice 2014 and the implications for EYFS practice. Sessions can be tailored to your specific needs but typically will include:
- High quality EYFS practice is early identification and early intervention
- Engaging and developing relationships with parents
- Early identification of SEN – thinking about the prime areas of learning
- Assess, plan, do and review as a graduated response
- The role of the SENCO and Key Person
- Record keeping and tracking progress
- Organising meetings with parents